Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Low tide at Rye Beach

Had two related conversations today.
Someone this morning asked me why I don't do more landscape photography. I didn't have an answer.
   A different person asked me what I thought made one landscape better than another. [Insert long pregnant pause here.] I didn't have an answer (at least not a good one):
Some landscapes make me feel like immediately packing a bag and booking a flight.
Others make me see a place I've been to in a totally different way. Others make me feel small; not in an insignificant way, but rather as something much, much bigger.

Which took me back to the first question. And made me nervous. Could I evoke any of those feelings in someone else? Or do something else? And if so, what? I have to admit, I'm a little scared. Which isn't such a bad place for someone wanting to really push themselves.


Follow my twitter stream at: @alansphotos

1 comment: