Saturday, August 13, 2011

Another day, another flawed photo that speaks volumes more than the perfect ones

A few moments ago, I was marveling at the work of +Carl Stovell over on Google+ (have a look as I think his work is quite amazing) and I came across a quote by Scott Adams included in Carl's post about Creative Perfectionism that I happen to have hanging in my studio. I love the quote and it bears repeating:

"Creativity is making mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."
Scott Adams

It's a constant debate isn't it: When is something a simple (honest) mistake or something more.

And who gets to decide?

I for one have an ongoing love/hate relationship with mistakes. But having said that, it's something I encourage my folks to strive for and make on a daily basis for that is where growth is and Art lies waiting, hiding...

No comments:

Post a Comment